How’s your digital TV reception? Is the broadcast frequency giving you trouble? If so, here are some quick, easy, steps on rescanning to get completely free of your TV’s old frequency.
- Detach the antenna from your digital TV.
- Without the antenna attached, rescan the digital TV by following the onscreen instructions. (You can also check your owner’s manual for instructions.)
- For 60 seconds, unplug the digital TV from the electrical outlet.
- After the 60 seconds, plug the antenna back into the digital TV and plug the unit into the electrical outlet.
- After everything is plugged back in, rescan the digital TV again. (Refer to your owner’s manual for instructions again, if needed.)
Rescanning more than once after the DTV transition should lessen any issues. According to, WETA TV Broadcast Frequency Change FAQs, “The FCC recommends that everyone rescan their television immediately if you have developed reception trouble due to the FCC-mandated broadcast frequency transition or, especially, if you have lost power or have moved your set to a new location in your home.” By following these 5 simple steps, you can improve the strength of your broadcast frequency.