Windows Mail for Vista
The following setup instructions are for Microsoft® Windows Mail®
Setup for previous and future versions of Windows Mail should be
To set up Windows Mail to retrieve your DC Access email follow these
1. In Windows Mail, go to the Tools menu and click on Accounts....
2. Click on the Add button in
the upper right.
3. In the Select Account Type
window, double-click on E-mail Account.
4. In the Your Name window,
type in the name you want your recipients to see when they receive your
e-mails, then click on Next.
5. In the Internet E-mail Address
window, type in your e-mail address, then click Next.
6. In the Set up e-mail servers
window, select the incoming e-mail server type as POP3 server. Enter "mail.dcaccess.net" as the Incoming
mail server. Enter "smtp.dcaccess.net"
as the outgoing mail (SMTP) server. Then click Next.
7. In the Internet Mail Logon
window, enter your E-mail username
and password for your e-mail
account (you don't need to enter the password, but if you do, you will
automatically log on to the e-mail server everytime you open Windows
Mail as long as the check is in the box next to Remember Password).
8. You should see the following screen; check the Do not download my e-mail and folders at
this time box, then click Finish.
9. You should now end up at the Internet
Accounts screen; double-click on your e-mail account.
10. At the top of the Properties window
that appears, click on the Advanced tab
and verify your settings are the same as in the image below.
11. Click OK to save all of
these settings, then Close to
exit the Internet Accounts window. Congratulations, you have
successfully set up Windows Mail to handle your e-mail!