Configuring PPP/Remote Acces
- Open the PPP (or Remote Access) control
panel and enter your User ID and password. Enter a DC Access dial
in number local to you in the Phone Number box.
- Click on the Options... button and select the Redialing
- Make sure the Redial option is selected as Off.
- Click the Connection tab.
- Under the Reminders: section, make sure there is a
check mark next to flash icon in menu bar while connected.
- Click the Protocol tab.
- The PPP option should be selected for Use
Protocol: and the Connect to a command line host is not
selected. Allow error correction and compression in modem
and Use TCP header compression should be checked.
- Click OK.
- If using PPP, select Modem from the PPP
menu which is located at the top of the screen. You will be shown
a dialog box that you will use to set up your modem.
- If using Remote Access, go to the Modem
control panel. You will be shown a dialog box that you will use
to set up your modem.
- Select your modem from the Modem list. If you do not see
your modem listed, try using the first modem listed.
- Select any other preferences you may have (i.e. pulse vs.
touch tone) and close the modem dialog box. It will ask you if you
want to save the current configurations, select the Save button.
You will be returned to the PPP control panel.
- Click the Connect button in the PPP control
panel. This will dial up the DC Access modem pool.
- Once connected, the original Connect button will
have toggled to Disconnect, and your connection time will
be indicated in the Status area.
Please note that the Disconnect
button is not a prompt, but rather indicates that you are in fact
connected. Only click this button when you want to end your modem
- Open the PPP control panel.
- Click the Disconnect button. This should hang up